Why football is the best sport!!

Here’s a riddle: Americans hate me but British love me, I make up of 4% of the world’s population and I am famous in Latin america, but what am I……….? Football of course!

Football has been part of people’s community for more than 300 years but hasn’t lost the favour ever since. Here are some reasons to back-up my idea.

Firstly, It is officially played and watched by a tremendous 5 billion people worldwide, dwarfing the second most played and watched sport, cricket, with 2.5 billion! In addition, the only equipment you need is a football and shoes!! No other sport is so simple towards equipment. It doesn’t take very long to learn and can be played in a small park; if you appreciate playing, it is recommended that club football is the best way to enjoy the sport.

Secondly, playing football is not all about competition- it’s also about having fun. Many NZs say that football is tedious and rugby is ahead of the pack but I confront this opinion because of two reasons: 1- rugby is around 46% more harmful than football according to studies, this is not a fun game!!. And 2- my personal experience is that I started playing football when I was 2 years old . Thus, you can entertain yourself with the ball at any age.

Lastly, can you imagine representing your country in the FIFA world cup !? players from 211 nations don’t have too since they are already in the team itself. Take Brazil for example, it doesn’t have a netball, cricket or rugby national team, making football Brazil’s only hope. That’s why Brazil is one of the best national teams in the world! As a matter of fact, if you look up on the sports news, you may never find an article from another sport rather than football!

Without a doubt, you should’ve agreed with me that football is the ideal sport to play- grouping together popularness, safety and variety of players to make you believe that football 𝙞𝙨 ‘ The  beautiful game’.   🙂